Need help on your own journey to add natives to attract wildlife? We offer visually stunning and informational presentations (including virtual), consulting for wildlife attraction and native landscape design, and photography services.
Presentations and Workshops
We love an audience that appreciates natural beauty. Is your nature, garden, photography, or civic organization interested in expanding its awareness of the nature around them?
Our presentations and are stories told through photographs as informational aids. Macro photography courses include illustrative examples. Delivery can be virtual or in person.
Workshops are available. Please inquire.
- Insects of all types by families or functions (like pollinators), spiders, and larger wildlife
- Native plants including benefits, how to get started, sustainability
- Nature macro photography approaches and techniques
- Residential and community habitat creation.
* * NEW VIRTUAL COURSES For 2024* *
Editing Essentials: Flower and Nature Photos with Lightroom (Online) - Jan 16th, 2024
Elevate your flower, plant and nature images to the next level! Editing is essential to making good photos great and there are only a few basic tools and skills needed to improve most photos. Using before and after images as examples, I'll show essential edits needed to improve flower and up close nature imagery.
Editing Essentials: Removing Distractions with Photoshop (Online) - Feb 20th, 2024
Messy nature can ruin perfectly good photographs! Plants, contrasting backgrounds, imperfections on flowers, or even photobombing insects can’t be removed while shooting, but that doesn’t mean we need to throw away otherwise fantastic shots. Using the powerful tools built into Adobe Photoshop, I'll demonstrate different approaches to removing or reducing the visual impact of undesirable distractions.
Editing Essentials: Creative Techniques with Photoshop (Online) - March 19th, 2024
Express yourself with creative photo editing! Combining images, changing backgrounds, adding colors and layering textures to photos is fun and easy. These techniques are a great way to add interest and depth, evoke feeling or mood, create abstract imagery, and even hide distracting elements.
Native Plant Consulting
Newly interested in attracting wildlife to your yard?
Already planting native and want to take it to the next level?
Gary has the knowledge, experience and resources to help you with the information and skills you need.
Gary provides expert advise and coaching for clients in addition to complete landscape designs. You can learn more about his services on his website.
Areas of Expertise:
- Wildlife attraction - adding native plants are a start, but to create a wildlife paradise you need to think about your garden differently and meet broader habitat needs
- Landscape ecology - reducing your ecological footprint while achieving an attractive and inviting yard
- Plant installation and management - as living things, plants often defy our expectations. Guidance on a successful plan to transform and maintain your yard.
We hope you enjoy our Galleries.
This is a small sampling of the tens of thousands of images of wildlife and botanicals we have in our catalog.
Interested in a fine art piece for your wall or digital / print publishing?
Karen is available for photography assignments.
Contact us with your interest.